Thursday, August 9, 2012

Ending dwc hydroponic rambutan

I decided it was time to end my dwc rambutan experiment. The result of the this experiment show the possibility if the setup of this system is correct. There were plenty of root branching, but not as much as I was hoping for. I blame my improper dwc setup for the less than spectacular result. I wonder what a proper dwc setup with correct nutrients and lighting would do. I'll might do one much later.

Below is a photo of the rambutan seed from the one of the dwc setup. Nice root branching, but lacking in leaves as compare to the one in the soil container(last photo) that were planted at the same time.

image host image host image host image host image host image host
Free Image Hosting by imgbox.com

The temperature inside my small greenhouse average about 7-10 degree cooler than outside temperature, on average this summer so far, with 75-85% humidity. This summer is not as intense as last year of 60+ days of above 100 degree.

No comments:

Post a Comment